July 2, 2014

Healthy Wednesday: Superfood Goji Berries ♥


For today's healthy wednesday, I wanted to introduce you to my favorite dried fruit called Goji Berry. It might also be my favorite superfood because it's so yummy!! *.* (my taste ;-) and a power snack mixed with some almonds and maybe dark chocolate :) So, here are some interesting facts about Goji Berries and some tips on how to use them. 

Goji Berries are known for

- a balanced Chi
- a high concentration of vital substances
- rich in Enzymes & Antioxidants
- rich in Vitamin C, E & Vitamins of the B-group
- they contain even more iron compared to spinach 
- it is said that goji berries are good for your eyes
- they strengthen your immune system 
- they aid in a healthy digestion & detox 

In China, they call Goji Berries the fruit of longevity. The plant is very resistant and is able to grow in many conditions, either in a warm or damp climate. The taste is sweet and bitter at the same time, so it might not be something for anyone, but give it a try ;-) 

The ones I have bought here are from China, NingXia Province and organic, you can find them in any organic health/supermarket or online health food retailer. And although they are pricey (in Germany, you get 250g for around 8€), they can help you to feel healthier in many ways. Of course, not only eating goji berries will make you happy & healthy, but e.g. for me, it was the best snack during my exams and papers. You can also add them to your everyday muesli, oatmeal or even juices and salads. I always sprinkle them on top of my raw x vegan oatmeal and have some in my bag for a healthy snack :) So, what about you? Have you ever had Goji Berries before and do you like them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, I appreciate every comment and welcome you to join me in my process. Would love to hear from you, be it criticism or new ideas, thank you for your thoughts!

Love, Minh