September 13, 2013

I want less. Here and now.


Yes, I've returned a week ago and now I'm back in my small hometown in the southwest of Germany. I'm back at college and unistress, back in my room full of clothes and stuff and the only thing I want to do is: Clearing my Clutter!

Back in spring a friend gave me this book to read and after that I was just in desperate need of clearing my clutter and getting rid of everything. She lives very minimalistic and I'm very looking up to her and still learning. 

The reason why I want less is because I want to change my shopping habits as well as the thinking of wanting, getting and longing for more. Although I'm posting clothes and also these fall essentials, I try to be aware of what I really need or just want, want and want. I want less because there are so many things which weigh me down, do I really need shorts in six different colours? I don't think so. 

When I was packing my suitcase to leave Berlin, I was like: What the hell do you actually own? You didn't even wear these clothes for a year now. Additionally, I think a few girls can agree, I still have clothes with tags on and there are a bunch of stuff I don't wear because it doesn't fit into my actual style now. It's hard when your style is evolving and changing year-round but I think for the first step I want to break down my closet into just essential pieces, which you can always wear differently or add accessories to change it up.

If you want to, check out Karen Kingstons book and read about how to not just declutter of stuff but also from the past and negative energies. It's super motivational and I would recommend it to everyone, it answers questions like: Why you keep clutter, how to identify and clear it in your home and workplace, how to clear it from your body, mind and spirit and then how to stay clutter-free! Happy reading! :)

I want less, here and now is a work in progress, so I've just started and if you're also into it, follow me and let's see how it will change us mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, I appreciate every comment and welcome you to join me in my process. Would love to hear from you, be it criticism or new ideas, thank you for your thoughts!

Love, Minh