July 26, 2013

Food Friday: Mango x Green Salad


In summer I'm always longing for fresh and raw food. The other day I was invited for an International dinner at friends' place. Everyone had to bring some food from their own culture. This is just a nice activity to spend some quality time with friends, good food and to get to know their roots better.

This was another improvisation session for me. I wasn't thinking about any special dish from Vietnam, instead I bought some ingredients and mixed everything up with a bit of fish sauce. Read on for the recipe.

Raw: Carrots, zucchini, leeks, chick peas, mango, avocado, dried tomatoes, peanuts, some slices ginger and onions as you like.

Cooked meaning steamed for a bit on the stove and then rinse with cold water: 
Bok Choy, turnip cabbage.

Cut everything up into thin strips or small pieces. Mix everything, add some lemon juice and pour I'd say 2-3 tea spoons of fish sauce in it. 

Starting this dish I thought I'd need somekind of dressing, but there's no dressing needed since the juice of the mango, the avocado and the lemon makes it moist. My friends loved it and I'll definitely do this dish more often. Super easy, super healthy = raw foods, vegetables and fruits. Add some dried tomatoes for a bit of saltiness and there you go.

Perfect summer dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, I appreciate every comment and welcome you to join me in my process. Would love to hear from you, be it criticism or new ideas, thank you for your thoughts!

Love, Minh