June 30, 2013

Whole-grain-bread-Quiche


This weekend I really felt like making a quiche, so this sunday was the day. The first time I've ever made a quiche was this year's mother day, so today was the second time. When I got up this morning I realized that I forgot to buy whole-grain flour. Shoot! So, what do you do then? 
Like the quote 'Necessity is the mother of invention' I've used whole-grain bread and oats instead. As you can see in the first picture it worked out pretty well. I've used up four slices of bread (cut them up into breadcrumbs) and maybe one small bowl of oats, mixed that up with one egg and some butter and put it on the tin. 

The recipe is actually from the German cooking site: Chefkoch but I didn't follow it and totally transformed it. I mean, this is the way I cook. I cook by instict and always see how it works.
And you'll realize that this is definitely not a tomatoe-quiche =D

So, the recipe to THIS quiche:

4 slices of whole-grain bread
1 bowl oats
1 egg, a bit of butter or oil, I'd substitute it with soy milk.
>> Mix this up, press it into your baking dish and then let it sit for half an hour in your refridgerator.

3 eggs
1 onion
salt and pepper, any spices you like.
>> Mix this up and pour it into your dough.

+ Add tuna or salmon and put some cut up vegetables like spinach, zucchini, anything your heart is longing for on top of your egg-mixture.

+ Add cheese! This time I've used quark and cottage cheese.

Put it in the oven at 175°C (350°F) for about 30minutes and then you'll have a super protein-packed quiche full of whole-grains and vegetables!

Oh and never forget to add some flavour! 
Enjoy this wonderful sunday lunch :)

M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, I appreciate every comment and welcome you to join me in my process. Would love to hear from you, be it criticism or new ideas, thank you for your thoughts!

Love, Minh