June 8, 2013

Morning meditation - stretch


Summer finally arrived!!! 
These days I woke up early in the morning because it's just so hot outside: ~ 25°C/ 77°
It's not as hot as in the U.S. but summer came too sudden.

What to do best when you get up really early?

Ride your bike to the lake, do some meditation and yoga! I was there around 6.30a.m. and it was very nice and still chilly. I just love being up this early, why? There is nobody around who'd disturb you!!!

I've started meditation like four to five months ago and I still try to do it every single morning. I don't do it for 30min or so, but 5min every day keeps my mind calm and focused. Sometimes you're just stressed out or have too much in your mind going on, so that you cannot focus anymore. You're always running, ruhsing and try to be on time with anything. Additionally I did some yoga poses, it is so good for me and I think every athlete should incorporate yoga exercises to really stretch out and loosen tight muscles!

Then, I'd like to just slow down and breathe. Being still and mindful helps me to live in the present, not to think too much about the past and not to plan so much for the future.  
Anyone can meditate, you don't have to become a monch. Just breathe and try to calm your mind. When a thought comes up, just catch it and follow how it flows away. 

“Breathing in, I calm body and mind. Breathing out, I smile. Dwelling in the present moment I know this is the only moment.”- Thich Nhat Hanh

Additionally I did some yoga poses, it is so good for me and I think every athlete should incorporate yoga exercises to really stretch out and loosen tight muscles!

Let's embrace this very moment and say:

WELCOME BACK SUN :) we've missed you!

P.S.: Do you want to know what 20min. of yoga does to your brain? Read on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, I appreciate every comment and welcome you to join me in my process. Would love to hear from you, be it criticism or new ideas, thank you for your thoughts!

Love, Minh